Zucchini Italian Style
Zucchini Italian Style is a family favorite, made often when zucchinis are in season. Great served over rice and terrific combined with cooked, browned sausage.
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
5 zucchinis, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
½ c. white wine
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/4 c. grated Romano cheese
½ lb. diced fresh mozzarella
1. Pour a tablespoon or so of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add onions and cook on medium heat until softened.
2. Add garlic and stir until golden brown.
3. Add sliced zucchini and salt, stir and then cover. Leave covered for 5 minutes and stir zucchini. Cover again and continue cooking until zucchini are softened.
4. Add spices, diced tomatoes, bouillon cube and win. Cook for an additional 20 minutes or until zucchini are transparent.
5. Stir in Romano cheese and mozzarella.
6. Serve over your choice of rice or pasta.